DISCLAIMER – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
Camp Discovery would like to welcome you to its website.
By viewing this website you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer.
You understand and agree that all information provided, whether personal or otherwise, may be used and processed by the “owner” of this website, and such use may include placing such information in the public domain.
Further by continuing to access this website you specifically agree that the Company will use such information provided by you, irrespective of the nature of such information.
Camp Discovery shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts.
As per the POPI Act personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you as a person or data subject, for example, your name, institution you work for, position, telephone number and your email address. A definition of personal information can be found in the Camp Discovery’s POPI policy.
The Collection of Personal Information
• Booking information and details for camp booking;
• To authenticate the customer;
• To provide the customer with information which Camp Discovery believes may be of interest to the customer/school/institution, such as upcoming events and camps that are matters of interest in which Camp Discovery is the host.
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
• Directly from the person when he/she applies for any Camp Discovery camp bookings, submit forms requests or transactions, use our websites or make use of any of Camp Discovery’s services;
• From registering at check-in at any of our camps,;
• From people and entities employed by Camp Discovery that are legally entitled to provide Camp Discovery with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by Camp Discovery will be stored as follows:
• In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality;
Sharing of Personal Information
Any information supplied to Camp discovery will be treated as confidential and Camp Discovery will not disclose information unless legally permitted thereto. No information will be transferred to a Third Party without the explicit consent of the data subject unless legally obliged thereto. By providing the personal information, the data subject agrees that Camp Discovery may transfer the information to the following people and organisations in pursuit of the data processing purposes set out in our POPI Policy:
• To the divisions and entities in the Camp Discovery Group, including directors, head of divisions, auditors, legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
• To persons employed by Camp Discovery to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to Camp Discovery regarding the treatment of personal information;
You’re Rights regarding your Personal Information
A data subject (employee, contractor, supplier and/or customer) has the following rights to his/her personal information collected, processed and stored by Camp discovery:
• Right of access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
• The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained to the data subject;
• The right to request Camp Discovery to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further processing or by law.
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
Camp Discovery accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting there from.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through the Camp Discovery Website you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, please exit this page and do not access or use the website.